Mike Driver received his bachelor’s degree from The University of Texas at Austin. He earned his Juris Doctorate South Texas College of Law in Houston.
During his time as a law student at South Texas College of Law he was active in many student organizations and was awarded the Pro Bono Honors Degree and the Public Interest Internship Stipend for his dedication to helping underprivileged people receive legal representation.
Mike Driver has continued his dedication to the community by working closely with the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, and he has been invited to speak on constitutional law for the ACLU on multiple occasions. Mike believes that people can be reformed, and those convicted of crimes in the past are entitled to be given a second chance, which is reflected in his desire to see the sex offender registration law changed.
Before beginning his law school career Mike interned briefly for Judge Jon Wisser in the 299th District Criminal Court in Travis County. While working as an intern and a law clerk at several Houston-area firms and non-profits, Mike Driver gained experience in legal research, writing memos, and developing educational materials for legal continuing education.
The law firm of Sharp & Driver PLLC is a Houston-based law firm, but it serves everyone in the State of Texas accused of a crime.
- Juris Doctorate, South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts, History, Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Pro Bono Honors Degree, South Texas College of Law
- Public Interest Internship Stipend, South Texas College of Law, Summer 2008
- Jim Carmody Scholarship Aware, South Texas College of Law, 2008-09 academic year
- Attorney, Sharp & Driver PLLC, January 2011 – Present
- Principal, Lealos & Driver, Attorneys and Counselors at Law, November 2009 – February 2011
- Associate, Silverman Law Group, February 2010 – January 2011
- Contract Associate, Chadrick Henderson & Associates, January 2010
- Contract Attorney, John H. Wofford, September 2009 – December 2009
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- The American Civil Liberties Union of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- National Lawyers’ Guild